PJB Minimalist design, immaculate machining - This is the ironically named Plain Jane Bar.
All PJBs feature the NGMCo “block” logo deep machine engraved on the backside of the pry tip.
I knew the second product NGMCo would offer would be an EDC pry bar even before I ordered my mill & before I ever put pencil to paper.
I wanted a 5” pry bar as a traveling companion when my wife and I spent 10 days in Medellín, Colombia since the laws for knife carry are blurry at best and the last thing I wanted was a few nights in the clink in South America. After that trip, a 5” EDC pry bar became my most used and carried EDC item.
This EDC tool is intended to be functional, minimal art and a straight up high quality & useful tool. The center cutout serves as framing for the tool but also cuts weight while adding grip.
- designed, machined, & handmade by Archie Ofenstein in Colorado, USA.
- perfect pry tip wedge (not too obtuse or too acute)
- hand finished pry tip “edge” (definitely not sharp but definitely not blunt)
- 6al4v Titanium construction
- integral pocket clip
- bottle cap lifter
- cap lifter is a 1/4” wrench (hex or square)
- cap lifter and pocket clip kept to one side leaving the opposite with a clean, straight edge
- triangular milled lanyard hole. (Mr. NiceBar is 100% intended to be carried with a lanyard bead or a large lanyard knot). Even if you’re *knot* a lanyard guy/gal… try it for a week.
- center slot serves as a shackle wrench
- 10” of 275# USA made Atwood cord included.
Dimensions: 5” long X 1/4” thick and the width tapers from 0.5” to 0.6” I carefully chose these dimensions after much use of previous pry bars. It’s the sweetest sweet spot.
Intended uses include: E & E tool, non lethal self defense kubotan, a perfect scraper, poking, prying, opening things, a 1/4” wrench for hard to reach spots, and - last but not least - for the opening and destruction of tasty beverages. It also makes a wonderful pocket worry stone.