10/24/22 drop is Blasted/Stonewash finish as pictured!
Mr. NiceBar is machined by me in my shop from solid bars of 6al4v Titanium. His dimensions are 5” long X 1/4” thick and the width tapers from 0.5” to 0.6” weighing 1.35 oz. I carefully chose these dimensions after much use of previous pry bars. It’s the sweetest sweet spot.
I knew the second product NGMCo would offer would be an EDC pry bar even before I ordered my mill & before I ever put pencil to paper.
I wanted a 5” pry bar as a traveling companion when my wife and I spent 10 days in Medellín, Colombia since the laws for knife carry are blurry at best and the last thing I wanted was a few nights in the clink in South America. After that trip, a 5” EDC pry bar became my most used and carried EDC item.
Mr. NiceBar is intended to be functional, minimal art and a straight up high quality & useful tool. The recessed pocket serves as framing for the tool but also cuts the weight while adding grip. The engraving aesthetics were chosen purely as irony, using my company name and “that” candy bar - after all, it is a *nice* bar!
Features of Mr. NiceBar include:
- designed, machined, & handmade by Archie Ofenstein in Colorado, USA.
- perfect pry tip wedge (not too obtuse or too acute)
- hand finished pry tip “edge” (definitely not sharp but definitely not blunt)
- 6al4v Titanium construction
- integral pocket clip
- bottle cap lifter
- cap lifter is a 1/4” wrench (hex or square)
- cap lifter and pocket clip kept to one side leaving the opposite with a clean, straight edge
- triangular milled lanyard hole. (Mr. NiceBar is 100% intended to be carried with a lanyard bead or a large lanyard knot). Even if you’re *knot* a lanyard guy/gal… try it for a week.
- 10” of 275# USA made Atwood cord included.
Intended uses include: E & E tool, non lethal self defense kubotan, a perfect scraper, poking, prying, opening things, a 1/4” wrench for hard to reach spots, and - last but not least - for the opening and destruction of tasty beverages. It also makes a wonderful pocket worry stone.